30 more sleeps. And we arrive back home 354 days after we left. Yep - we are coming back to Houston. It was a surprise - we expecting another year from now - but things change. For better or worse, Fluor needs Dave elsewhere and I'm (well, we) are following him around the world. We have a lease application in on a property in Walnut Bend - ironically a first-time x-pat family moved to London and we (hopefully) will be squatting in their home. The challenge will be fitting in our stuff but we will make it work. The treadmill is really the biggest issue now. :)
And, we get Homer and Sadie back! The Good Lord found a "vacation" spot for them so I hope they remember us and aren't too sad to leave Lydia's.
I'm in the midst of managing all the details, which is a full-time job in itself, as well as wrapping up AWC duties and an INTENSE Beth Moore Bible Study. All good but I'm pretty tired already. :)
I don't know if I will cry like I did on the way down here - we shall see. We've met some truly quality people here - I'm so thankful for all the friends we've made. They are the icing on the cake and have certainly altered my perspective on who I am and who I want to get to know. This year has been a year of change and it's all been good. I will be glad to be home to help with my family - lots going on with them and especially my nieces.
I trust The Lord even more now. Such radical things as getting as far out of your comfort zone as possible are bound to change a person. And they have. Each one of us. I feel like I've changed the most - but that maybe because I think I had the most TO change. I would not trade this experience for anything - God has done such a work in me, I'm not even the same as I was 2 weeks or even a week ago. But yet, He retains who I am and I can rest in that. Confused? Yeah, me a little too. Complex stuff going on in this brain that only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night.
(X-Men Wolverine is an AWESOME movie, if you like super hero movies or just great special effects, in my opinion.)
I will end with a couple of lines from Brandon Heath's "Wait and See" which I am listening to as I write. I think this guy is actually writing the soundtrack to our lives. He has some mean talent, I tell you what.
There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans He’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet
See you soon Houston!
No comments:
Post a Comment