It's been awhile - again! We were busy with Wilma and Terry, Dave's Parents, visit and it was a great time. We did not get to go down the islands like we'd planned, unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. When you have the captain of the boat telling you it won't be good for kids - well, I'll listen! But they got LOTS AND LOTS of time with Natalie and Sophia - who were miffed when they woke up Monday to learn Me-Maw and Pa-Paw were not around, only really hitting Natalie hard Tuesday morning after she slept with Sophia all night. I asked her why and she said "because I wanted to love on her." I can't argue with that!
The Vogels in Indy did wake up to snow on Tuesday, a far cry from balmy Trinidad. It hasn't been too bad lately, actually - minus the rain. It seems to be a little cooler than it has been. They were glad to leave the traffic behind and it's only a few weeks before we invade their house this time!
In fact, we only have 24 more sleeps to go before our return trip to Texas and then drive to Indy on the 19th! I'm SO happy, I'm really enjoying it here - all the friends we've made and things we do (which we want to do more of) and most of all, my Bible study. But there is just no place like home. And of course the highlight is seeing all my family and friends.
I miss you all but will see you soon!
We hope to go down east to visit some friends out there this weekend - so hopefully we will have more pics to share. We will experience Thanksgiving away from home (either family) for the first time - which will be interesting too!!!
More to come and see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment